Director of AI operations Mexico
The 4th time I'm buiding an IT team from scratch
- Leading MX Adaptive Intelligence team
- Dev, QA, Automation, DevOps, UX, Product & Program management
- Building world class applications
- HCM, ERP, CX, Sales and Marketing
- Exploring bleeding edge technologies like RPA, ML & AI
- Executing Oracle's business strategy
- Innovate by streamlining processes and business plans
Senior Operations Manager, Adaptive Intelligence
As head of Mexico's Oracle Adaptive Intelligence team I've been recognized by:
- Promptly staffing: Recruited for Dev, DevOps, PM, CX, QA and UX profiles.
- Supervise overall development of Adaptive Intelligent products using, Java, Scala, Python, Hadoop and Big Data
- Guarantee world class products, ensuring to meet performance scalability and reliability metrics.
- Standardized operation globally in a multi-cultural team.
- Successfully communicate and work across regions with key stakeholders in different time zones (up to SVP level).
Senior Manager, GSE Technology & Partners Demo Support, Americas
As head of Tech Support for Global Sales Engineering (GSE) in Americas my team focus it's simple: help our Sales and Partners teams win deals by providing impacting and engaging demos integrating Oracle products like Big Data, BI, IoT, Java, PaaS, SaaS, IaaS, and MySQL to mention some:
- Recognized in 2017 leadership summit as key differentiator for success by my directors peers in our global reunion.
- Incorporated all Oracle's Cloud ecosystem (PaaS, IaaS, SaaS) in our demo support platform (https://demo.oracle.com).
- Managed the increased workload associated with this inclusion as it doubled YoY with no impact in resolution times.
- Standardized operation globally in a multi-cultural team.
- Successfully communicate and work across regions with key stakeholders in different time zones (VPs, Directors and Managers).
Manager, GSE Technology Demo Support, Americas
In this role moved from I to we, due to my good performance in operations when the opportunity showed up I were promoted to lead the existing Technology Support team and take it to the next level, it was a really interesting challenge and I'm proud that we convert it into an opportunity.
- Manage support operations for 20,000 users across the globe.
- Include the whole Oracle's Cloud portfolio into the exciting Demo Support model.
- Staff the team with talented engineers to be up to the challenge.
Principal Technical Consultant, GSE
At Oracle, a Principal Technical consultant is a "grown up" who is expected to work in projects that involve different teams globally in a fast-changing environment, with minimal or no supervision.
- Support critical sales demos.
- Technical escalations (connectivity and networking).
- Coordination, testing and documenting "know-how" for new tools and common issues (R&D).
- New hire process selection in México for Global Sales Engineering.
- Root cause analysis for complex technology issues.
Senior Technical Consultant, GSE
So excited to join a global company! My role in Global Sales Engineering is to ensure world class support to the whole Oracle Sales Organization, we provide the demonstrations that closes the deals with the customers, so if we are no proactive and learn from our mistakes revenue is at risk!
- Reduced to near zero incidents of well-known connectivity issues.
- Strong networking skills (helped speed up migration from Citrix to a newer technology).
- One of the pioneers in México for my team, documented corporate procedures to help new hires integration.
- Ownership of performance and connectivity related issues (NA/LAD as primary focus as well as sporadic EMEA and APAC escalations).
- I have provided training in different best practices to global support team.
As curious fact, I won the outstanding “focus on the customer”, Q1 VCP SC Team Recognition Awards, after 6 months of joining :)
08/2009 - 05/2013
Information Technology Manager
Pricetravel.com now is an international company that keeps expanding, I'm so proud they are doing it with the basis I made, went there when they were like 80 people and now they are 1000+ I was responsible here for the whole Network and VOIP infrastructure:
- Linux Shell Scripting.
- Linux Sysadmin
- VoIP & Call Center administration.
- Point of Sale installation over México (100).
- Networked services (VPN, eMail, DBS, DNS, WWW).
- Startup of international branches (Argentina and Colombia).
- USA Server administration.
- Staff management and recruitment.
09/2004 - 08/2009
Project / Dev Manager
Notivallarta.com: Notivallarta is the flag ship from the first IT company I worked for (Aquarius), the foundations I built are still running after ten years and was my first approach to formal development management:
- Agile development of site (frontend) and news engine (backend)
- Experience developing internal tools and external customer sites
- Experience leading dev team
- Centralized version control implementation (SVN and GIT).
Skills & Competences
2014 - 2016
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
I was looking forward to get an MBA since I finished my B.S. however I was sure I wanted it from the best school in México (at least in my opinion), below a fragment from the college news site, pulled June 2016
"EGADE BUSINESS SCHOOL MBA PROGRAMS: #1 IN LATIN AMERICA FOR THIRD CONSECUTIVE YEAR"
2010 - 2012
Master of Electronic Commerce
U.S. (Universidad del Sur)
While in the south of the country I wanted to complete my Technical Background with some economics related topic, this Electronic Commerce was a great choice at the fastest growing college in the south of México:
2000 - 2004
Telematics (Computer Science)
Universidad de Guadalajara (UDG)
Was one of the first schools in México to offer the Cisco Systems certification material, and actually I were one of the first in my campus (and the youngest) to achieve CCNA level
Achievements & Certificates
- PMI (Project Management Institute), Elected Chapter Secretary, Guadalajara 2017
- Oracle PaaS Learning, Guadalajara 2016
- Coaching Tools for Managers, Guadalajara 2015
- Effective Leader, Guadalajara 2015
- TOEIC, (Test of English for International Communication): 950/990 2014
- Effective communication with Global Teams, Guadalajara 2014
- Project Manager Certified Associate (CAPM), Cancún 2013
- Certified: ITIL Foundations v3, Cancún 2012
- Supervisory skills and leadership, Cancún 2011
- Customer service: complaints management, Cancún 2011
- Effectively communicating with stakeholders, Cancún 2010
- Certified: Cisco CCDA, Guadalajara 2004
- Certified: Cisco CCNA, Guadalajara 2002
I was recognized in 2017 Leadership summer (a yearly event with global senior management) my directors peers as (quoting) an essential asset for the success of GSE.
Dev related experience
- Linux (shell scripting)
- Scala (learning)
- Travel wishlist: Vietnam, Japan and Thailand
- PlayStation 4 (favorite game: Marvel's Spiderman)
- Chess (favorite opening: queen's gambit)
- Goleman, D. Leadership
- Krug, S. Don't Make me think
- Ury, W. Fisher R. Patton B. Getting to Yes
- Doyle, A.C. Sherlock Holmes (any)
- Tolkien, J.R.R. The Hobbit